The Who, What, When, Why, How Of ClickFunnels
What is ClickFunnels and Why Should I Care?
Sales Funnels? ClickFunnel? Click Funnel? Funnel click? What the…? Been hearing this term a lot online and want to know what everyone’s talking about? You’re in the right place.
One of the most challenging aspects of being an entrepreneur is finding leads and converting them into customers – because, really, if you don’t have customers then you don’t have a business.
And if you’re interested in making an impact with your business, you have to convince your leads of the VALUE your business brings to them in order to convert them into lifelong, raving customers who happily buy from you over and over again.
Fortunately, today’s technology makes it a lot simpler to start a business that creates an impact across the world. Software such as ClickFunnels also makes it a lot easier to scale businesses that are already making money.
Traditionally, when starting a business, you had to invest a ton of money in order to gain some traction. You’d have to get a storefront, inventory, and workers. You’d also have to have salespeople to help sell your products.
Fast forward to the age of websites, people knew to look up a business online to see everything that the business has to offer.
Fast forward to today, things have changed drastically. The way people do business has evolved so much, and software like ClickFunnels has made it wildly easy to be able to launch not one, but several businesses from the comfort of your home.
ClickFunnels’ owner, Russell Brunson, has been known to say, “the website is dead.”
So if you have a website for your business, get rid of it. It doesn’t work anymore.
The world has evolved, and people have very short attention spans.
Kind of like when you go into a restaurant, and the waiter presents you with a 10 page menu, and you are so confused about what to eat that you suddenly lose your appetite.
Imagine: if instead of the menu, the waiter welcomed you with a warm smile, pulled out your chair for you, and presented you with a glass of cold water (exactly what you wanted as you sat down). He then proceeded to telling you what the restaurant’s specials were for that night in descriptive, fancy language that made your mouth water. Then the waiter went and got you exactly what you wanted – within seconds of ordering it, as if by magic… wouldn’t that evening spent at the restaurant be a lot more memorable to you just because it felt so much more personal than a regular old menu?
That’s exactly what ClickFunnels offers instead of the traditional website.
With ClickFunnels, you create a “sales funnel” which is essentially an exclusive experience for your customer from the time the customer first finds out who you are.
When the customer first hears about you, you offer them something absolutely irresistible, convincing them to turn into a lead for your business. In plain English, I mean that they give you their legit email address and possibly even phone number because they absolutely could not resist whatever “bait” you dangled in front of them.
Once they get that freebie from you, because it gave them so much value, they will feel the need to reciprocate and (eventually) actually buy something from you. You’ll continue to provide them with value, and the pressure on them to want to buy from you will continue to build. They will start thinking that if your free material is SO good, how good will your paid material be?
And herein lies the magic of why sales funnels work so well: they work in conjunction with the customer journey, and the psychology of buying.
How Can ClickFunnels Work For Me?
ClickFunnels is the software behind the marketing strategy that allows for all this to happen. You can create a freebie in ClickFunnels, you can record sales videos, write sales letters, give one-time offers to your customers, offer them other things that they might be interested in… it is literally a machine that you can build one time, that will give you returns over and over and over again because it acts like your highest performing salesperson all day, everyday.
ClickFunnels can construct squeeze pages, landing pages, membership sites, webinars, and any other business funnel model that you can think of. In conjunction with the Etison Suite, you can use it to replace your email services via Actionetics MD. In addition, you can even offer people incentive to promote your service or product as your affiliate through the use of BackPack (another feature of the Etison suite of ClickFunnels).
While it has the ability to create both landing pages and funnels, one key difference between this and other software is that the funnels made from ClickFunnels already have several templates available within the software itself. This means you do not have to waste time setting up your landing pages yourself, or even hiring an outside developer to help you set everything up.
ClickFunnels empowers YOU with the ability to reach your audiences on a global scale.
Our life is made of the time that we have been put on this Earth for. So, the time that we have in this world is finite. Yet, we spend our time without taking serious account of how we are spending it. Funny enough, when it comes to money, most people are in the habit of keeping track of every dollar that comes in and goes out of their bank accounts.
When I first learned about funnels, I thought I could get them done in WordPress no problem. I thought I’d just spend more time and get it done instead of paying $297 a month to get ClickFunnels.
It took me several months of trial and error to finally understand that it would have been better for me to pay the $297 and launch a few funnels instead of wasting my time on building WordPress sites that never worked the way I intended them to work, and just discouraged me from using sales funnels for my business.
ClickFunnels is by no means a get-rich quick scheme, but it does take out some of the legwork required to set up a business. The software is bundled with so many features that can help enhance your business, it’s hard to list them all. Other software that is similar to ClickFunnels don’t even compare.
Some of the features that are included are:
- A/B Testing – free split-testing that helps you quickly decide which landing page is the winner between two landing pages – and you can select the percentage of traffic you want going to each landing page to see which yields the best results
- Activity Dashboard – one glance snapshot of what’s happening with your funnels the moment you log in
- Affiliate Management – you can set up and pay people who help promote your product easily
- API integrations with autoresponders, calendar applications, form builders, and so on
- Campaign Analysis
- Click-Through Tracking – Tracks clicks through your funnels
- Collections and Communications Management
- Contact Database
- Conversion Tracking and Database Conversion
- CRM Collection
- Custom Landing Pages with Customizable Templates
- Customer Database and Segmentation
- Drip E-mail marketing and Event Triggered E-mail
- E-mail Integration, Notifications and Tracking
- Graphical User Interface
- Interactive Content
- Lead Scoring
- Multi-Channel Communication
- Performance Reports
- SEO Management Tools
- SMS Marketing
- Social Media Integration
- Text Editing and Tags and Keywords
- Third Party Integration
- Trend Analysis
- Visitor Tracking
- Web Forms and Web Analytics
- Workflow Management
- WYSIWYG Editor and WYSIWYG E-mail Editor
While the program is easy to set up, it does not draw in revenue from the get-go. You will need to develop the necessary lead magnets in order to get customers to pay you based on the value delivered by your products.
Features of ClickFunnels
The Etison feature is the bread and butter of ClickFunnels. It’s essentially a drag-and-drop page builder that can set your pages up in minutes. There are countless elements available in the builder, such as images, headlines, subheadlines, call-outs, and so on. It is super simple to construct pages as you envision them.
Funnel templates that are available are tailored for different products. One example is the tripwire funnel, which lures in a customer with a low-ticket item, and proceeds to move towards higher-priced products through one-click upsells, downsells or order form bumps.
Actionetics is an integrated email platform that helps create smart email lists. It is intuitive in the sense that it is behavior-based and responds to your customers’ actions. This is a good option to have if you don’t want to rely on an outside source for email responses and want to build a solid customer base while watching your revenue climb upward. However, if you decide not to use Actionetics, ClickFunnels is perfectly capable of integrating with other providers like AWeber, GetResponse, ActiveCampaign or ConvertKit.
Backpack is a secondary update to CF that adds on affiliate sales programs to any funnel. This means that you can get affiliates to promote your program, and offer them a percentage of the sale. So for example, if someone promotes your product and sells it, you can offer 20% per sale to them. But now, instead of just you doing the selling, you have a whole team of affiliates trying to sell your product for you, which will increase both your sales, and your product’s visibility online.
Backpack makes doing this a breeze – you just get your affiliates to sign up to your affiliate back office (Backpack), and Backpack does the work for you. It tracks the sales, and prepares the payouts for you to be able to put all that part of your business on autopilot.
Price Plans for ClickFunnels
The CF program is split into two plans based on the size of your business, the Lower-Tiered Plan and the Etison Suite. Below are some of the details that differentiate the two plans:
Basic – $97 Plan
This plan averages at $97 per month, which is ideal for business startups. You can have up to 100 landing pages, 20 funnels, and 20,000 visitors with this plan. There is no limit to the amount of members and contacts that you can have at any given time. Even though this plan is basic, you will still have access to many features so that you’ll be able to get a feel for the program:
- A/B split tests
- AutoWebinar Funnels
- E-mail integration
- Downsell Pages
- Funnel Sharing
- Order Pages
- Sales Funnels
- Upsell Pages
- Webinar Funnels
Etison Suite – $297 Plan
Priced at $297, the Etison Suite is three times the price of basic plan. This plan is geared more towards businesses that need additional features that the basic plan doesn’t offer. There is no cap on amount of funnels, pages, or visitors that you can use. In addition to what’s already offered in the lower-tier plan, Etison Suite users get these features:
- Action Funnels
- AutoResponder Series
- Backpack Affiliate Management
- Branded Affiliate Signup and Special Area
- Flexible and Advance Segments
- Manage E-Mail Lists
- Priority Support and Priority Template Requests
- Track Opens, and Clicks
- Unlimited Affiliates and Unlimited Commission Plans
- Visual E-mail Builder
The $19 Share Funnel Plan
Note that there is also a shared funnel plan available that’s $19 a month. It is extremely limited in the features it offers, but it’s good enough for you to play around with if you want to get a taste of whether or not ClickFunnels is right for you. All you have to do is download a share funnel and you will get access to the $19 plan.
Pros & Cons of Using ClickFunnels vs. Other Landing Page Builders
- ClickFunnels is a page builder that has an intuitive interface, making it easy to do what you visualize quickly. It also has ready-made templates available that you can use if you choose, or edit to make it look like you want
- Able to easily integrate with existing e-commerce platforms that are currently on the market, such as Shopify
- Offers weekly webinars that are help answer any questions you may have
- ClickFunnels’ tech support team is very responsive and try to help solve issues quickly
- Numerous online tutorials are available online via video content or in-depth blog posts to help you achieve your goals with ClickFunnels
- ClickFunnels offers a Funnelhacker “Cult-ure” that other landing page software just doesn’t have. The culture that Russell Brunson has created within ClickFunnels is so strong that people want to use ClickFunnels just to be part of the Funnelhacking tribe. The support that entrepreneurs provide one another within this tribe is unmatched. Awards such as the 2 Comma Club Award (for hitting a million dollars revenue in a single funnel), 2 Comma X Award (for hitting 8 figures), and the Dream Car Award (for affiliates of ClickFunnels who have gotten 100 or more people to sign up to ClickFunnels and as a reward, get their dream car paid for by ClickFunnels each month) are tangible goals that people who are Funnelhackers strive for each day. And when they reach these goals and win these awards, they instantly have a status in the marketing community that is respected and admired, and that can help them create other (even more lucrative) sources of income for themselves. This is actually one of the main reasons I’d recommend using ClickFunnels. If you want to be known as an authority figure in your business and you win an award and do really well with your funnel, you could easily open yourself up to several other sources of income by taking advantage of the award you received.
- Customer service has occasionally been reported to be subpar, but the Facebook group is available to answer questions as well. And ClickFunnels is working on their support by hiring more staff to make sure queries get responses in a timely manner.
- Has a few bugs sometimes, but they are usually resolved by signing out and signing back in, or clearing your cache
- While it’s easy to use, CF has a fairly steep learning curve. Expect to spend a little bit of time learning about the interface until you’re comfortable with it.
How Can I Make Money With ClickFunnels?
The growth potential offered by ClickFunnels is staggering. There is so much opportunity – you just have to take action to get a piece of the pie for yourself.
Here are practical examples of how you can make money with ClickFunnels:
If you sell physical products, you can sell MORE of whatever you’re currently selling using funnels. One offer that has been proven to convert time and time again is the free+shipping offer (meaning you offer the customer a FREE product, but you ask them to pay for shipping). This works especially well if you are selling a product that has a high perceived value to the customer, and a low actual cost to you.
If you’re a subject matter expert in a particular area, such as fitness, you can use ClickFunnels to sell your fitness product online. Selling information products is a lucrative way of getting that side income while simultaneously helping people take action to improve their lives.
If you’re good at teaching and mentoring others, you can charge fee for your training. People will pay you based on the time and value that you provide for them. You can set up a consulting agency or coaching service funnel that will allow people to set appointments with you and pay you with ease.
Social Media Agency
You can work with small businesses in your area and help develop their online social media profiles so that you can get paid. ClickFunnels can be used in conjunction with major social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram to help draw in leads to their businesses and convert them into repeat customers. You simply serve as the middleman or the expert who will help connect those customers to the small businesses you work with.
You can use ClickFunnels to create bridge pages between your ad and the affiliate offer, so that you can collect email addresses at the same time as you send your traffic to your affiliate offers. This way you can remarket other products to your email list as well. Additionally, ClickFunnels also has its own (very lucrative) affiliate program, which pays up to 40% per sale, so you could promote ClickFunnels and the various other offers that it has, and make money that way as well.
Testimonials by ClickFunnels Users
Resources Recommended for Starting or Scaling Your Business with ClickFunnels
DotComSecrets and Expert Secrets
DotComSecrets is Russell Brunson’s first book. He also wrote another book called Expert Secrets, which is written as a prequel to this book.
You can order your free copy of Expert Secrets here.
You can order your free copy of DotCom Secrets here.
One Funnel Away Challenge
The One Funnel Away Challenge (also known as OFA) is a LIVE 30 day challenge hosted by Russell Brunson, Stephen Larsen and Julie Stoian. It is a comprehensive (and a little overwhelming) 30 day plan for you to launch your own funnel. It is broken up in 4 weeks: belief, offer, funnel creation, and launch. There is daily coaching and classes, and if you keep up with it, you can be well on your way to making a ton of money with funnels.
When it comes to online funnel platforms, this software leads the pack.
If you still have concerns about this software, the program offers a 14-day free trial to see if it’s right for you.
Go ahead and give it a try.